I swear that this post wasn’t meant to be up here to so soon—truly! It was supposed to come up in a few months instead of now (I first saw the tag from a bunch of bookstagrammers), but not everything always goes as planned and all I have to blame is my lousy timekeeping skills…I didn’t even realize that twelve days have passed since my last post here. Forgive me! ヾ(_ _。）
Anyway, here’s 25 bookish facts about me, and if anybody has done one or would like to share something about themselves, feel free to post the link/comment below! I’d love to get to know more people (((o(*ﾟ▽ﾟ*)o)))
- I wasn’t initially in love with reading. This love of mine actually grew from the happiness of being able to read faster and understand more than every other kid back in kindergarten because I felt like I had nothing unique to my own self back then. Of course, this changed when I was in elementary school.
- I can read up to an average of 200 000 words a day if I’m left on my own with no one disrupting my reading whatsoever (my family can attest to this!).
- The genre I first fell in love with was fairy tales. It became a sort of obsession for a period since I scavenged the internet and local bookstores for just about every book relating to it. This included me looking for varying versions of multiple fairy tales too.
- No one else in my family—including the extended one from both my paternal and maternal sides—are readers. I’m the only one among the old and the young who loves to read.
- Presently, I’m a tsundoku (積ん読 [noun] “is the constant act of buying books, but never reading them “) because I buy them faster than I can read.
- Despite Fact #2, I actually spend most of my free time reading fanfiction instead of books, hence the birth of Fact #5.
- I only borrow my books to people who I know will take proper care of them because I freak out when any of them are in less than brand-new condition. This happened after a friend returned a book with its spine utterly destroyed. I was devastated…
- Also, I keep my books (with silica gel packets) inside Ziploc bags. I had my heart broken after one of my oldest books practically crumbled in my hands—okay, I’m exaggerating but the inside of the cover did crumble!
- I love reading while lying down on my bed.
- Because of my university major (English with Creative Writing), I’ve actually become pickier with my reads and I tend to critique more as well.
- Twilight is the first book I’ve never completed reading. I still can’t get past page 54.
- My favorite bookstore is called Bookalicious.
- My all-time favorite character is Severus Snape.
- And as we’re on the topic of the Potions Master, I belong to the House of the Badger! Though, I’ve also been sorted into the other three houses before as well. Hufflepuff is the most consistent result and I’m immensely proud of being one.
- I used to not be able to put down any story I’m reading. At all. I’ve learned some moderation now, though.
- My best subject has always been English and from there, my love for writing grew as well. (I’m on Six Word Memoirs and All Poetry!)
- Among my favorite authors are Cornelia Funke, Anne Cassidy, Courtney Summers, Haruki Murakami and Joseph Delaney.
- My favorite classics are Black Beauty, Call of the Wild, White Fang, Alice’s Adventures in Wonder and Through the Looking Glass, Oliver Twist and Grimm’s Fairy Tales.
- I want to have my own library or bookshop one day—or at least, work in either!
- Endgame by Samuel Beckett is my ultimate favorite play. I do love Oedipus Rex and Othello as well.
- The first book I’ve ever read belongs to the Peter and Jane series.
- Nobody has ever given me a book as a gift before.
- I love collecting bookmarks.
- I can’t read when there’s noise around me because I tend to absorb the sounds as well. (The downfalls of being a multitasker? Hmm…)
- SWHA isn’t my first book blog, but this time, I’m determined to keep this one alive as long as I am!
Annnnnnd, there we have it! 25 bookish facts about me! I hope this sheds a bit more light about the kind of person I am…*:ﾟ*｡⋆ฺ(*´◡`)
PS: The art in the featured image is the Potter-fied version of me done by my Ravenclaw sister. She’s on DeviantArt if you’re interested in checking out more of her works! Just click here.