Thank you so much to This Is My Bookshelf Blog for nominating me for The Liebster Award! Although I know that “liebster” means beloved/dearest/sweetest in German, this is the first time I’ve heard of this blogger award so I had to do some Googling (๑꒪▿꒪);. The gist of what I’ve found is that this award is one meant to give recognition to new bloggers by other bloggers—an idea that sounds lovely to me!
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
*There are additional rules that I’ve found but since they’re things that many of us already do when we participate in tags like this, I won’t include them.
THE QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS
1. What’s the last book you rated 5 stars?
The last book I rated five stars is Les Misérables and that was on January this year. My reading process (that’s not required for university) is slow right now so I’ve not read any possible five-star reads yet.
2. What book character is most like you?
Super tough question, urk…But, uhhh…The only one that pops in my mind right now is Gwenpool (ya know, the fan-girl-knows-almost-everything-part?). Though, she isn’t the most like me either since I definitely care when one of my favorite characters die—going to be brought back to life in the future or not—and I’m not as irresponsible as her. I’d say she needs to takes things more seriously in the comic book world, but then that wouldn’t make her her anymore.
3. What book would you most like to see adapted for TV or film?
I’m rather apprehensive about book-to-screen adaptations, since a lot can go wrong or get removed and things can be added and such but I guess it’d be nice to see The Ocean At The End Of The Lane on screen. I know that there had been news that it will be adapted into a movie, but that news stayed in 2013 and never made it to the later years?
4. And who would cast in the lead role?
Logan Lerman! I’ve always pictured the main character appearing like Lerman’s Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
5. Who are your auto-read authors?
Haruki Murakami, and Courtney Summers.
6. What trope or trend are you fed up of seeing in books/publishing?
Almost every YA trope, but the number one most irritating one is the Special Snowflake trope. If there are legitimate reasons to why this YA heroine is a special, okay. But, if she’s useless, can’t do anything on her on, can’t even think logically but somehow is still special and all that jazz—just no.
7. And what trope or trend can’t you get enough of?
The One Who Has Everything But Nothing At The Same Time.
8. What was your favourite book as a child?
I was obsessed with everything Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland as a kid.
9. Where would you most like to travel to in the world (no restrictions)?
Japan, Nordic countries, Korea, everywhere that isn’t eternally hot?
10. Do you collect anything?
Books, bookmarks, artworks!
11. And finally, what are the best TV shows you’ve watched recently?
I’m forever watching CSI and Criminal Minds, but recently I’ve watched some Hannibal episodes and it’s pretty damn good.
I NOMINATED THE FOLLOWING AWESOME BLOGGERS
(WHOSE SITES YOU SHOULD TOTALLY CHECK OUT)…
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
2. Are there book genres you steer clear from?
3. Do you prefer reading in silence, or not?
4. If you could be any creature from the Potterworld, which would you be?
5. You’re going to be the next major superhero/supervillain in a comic book series, what’s your superhero/supervillain name?
6. If you could live in a fairy tale, which fairy tale would that be?
7. If you can switch a antagonist and a protagonist of a book, who would they be?
8. Is there a movie adaptation of a book that you’re disappointed in?
9. Do you prefer soft copies (kindle, ebook) or hard copies (paperback, hardcover)?
10. A favorite book that nobody knows?
11. Favorite and least favorite first line of a novel?
I would love to see your answers to my questions, but don’t feel like you must answer them! Also, if I’ve not nominated you, I’d love to know your answer to my questions too! Just comment below so that I can read them ❤
Thanks for reading, and until next time everyone!