So. I didn’t realize exactly how behind I am on tags and awards until I went back for a few months on my notifications list. And well, I found one that completely slipped my mind like holy shiitake mushrooms, I can’t believe that happened! I feel terrible, urk. Really sorry and thanks so much to the lovely Lauren @Comma Hangover who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! ❤❤❤
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Is there a character name from your favorite book that you would consider giving to your future child, pet, or another living thing?
I’ve actually named one of my dogs (who’s unfortunately, no longer with my family and I) Alice after Alice Liddell 😂 Though, another name I love is Lycoris which means ‘twilight’ (she’s an AI from the light novel .hack// AI Buster) and if given the chance, I’d name my daughter or pet that.
2. If you could pick three books that will be stocked in every library in the world, which books would they be and why?
Ohhh, tough question! But, I guess those three books would be The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Endgame by Samuel Beckett and Vulgar Remedies by Anna Journey. The first, because it’s an exemplary piece of literature on the conflict between aestheticism and morality. The second, because it’s a great absurdist play characterized by nihilism and the third, because it’s a raw and haunting collection of contemporary poetry with strong imagery and strong implementations of the phonaesthetic devices of poetry (another pro: it’s not “poetry”!). All three provide great food for thought, and they are beautiful reads.
3. You’re heading to the beach for the day, what’s in your bag?
Sunblock, water, a book, sticky tags to mark important places in the book, my wallet, phone, power bank, a folding hand fan and maybe my DSLR.
4. If you could jump into one book, what would it be and why? Would you attempt to change the plot?
Since I’ve always been more attracted to the fictional worlds of manga and light novels…Well, I’d say Naruto but everyone who has read ’em SI/OC fics would know what I’d do and all the possible outcomes already 😂 So, instead, I pick Haikyuu!! Why? Err, my reasons are a little shallow but I love the characters and their contagious determination towards the sport they love. I think they’ll make great friends and another (possible) plus is that I’d still be able to read books from the USA, UK, etc. (The availability of books is a important factor!) I’d definitely not change the plot too.
5. What TV series is currently on the top of your “to watch” list?
Riverdale! Though, I’m kinda turned off by JugheadXBetty. I mean, never mind that I ship JugheadXSabrina the Teenage Witch, the Jughead I’ve known since I was a kid is asexual.
6. You’re packing for a dream vacation. Where are you going and what is in your bag? (Books? Makeup? Favorite items of clothing?)
Norway here I come! I’ll definitely bring some of my smaller books (like Vintage minis or Penguin’s little black classics), my DSLR, beauty essentials (sunblock, toner, moisturizer, eyebrow pencil, etc) and enough clothes to suit the weather. Also, can’t forget my phone, power bank, cables and stuff (My e-books and music are in them, after all)!
7. What is your favorite movie, and is there a scene you would recreate from it if given the chance?
Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (I answered this in my last Sunshine Blogger Award nomination post too, haha)! And no, I bawled like a baby watching this movie. There’s no way I’d recreate any of the scenes—I’d cry even worse.
8. Do you like to cook? What is the last recipe you made or looked up?
Not really? I’m neutral with this. Also, the last recipe I made is actually a no-bake oreo cheesecake.
9. You get to time travel back to any event in history. What would it be and why?
Uhhhh, all I can think of are warring eras, more racist, homophobic and sexist times, public executions, and a bunch of other negative events. Of course, there are pros and cons to every time period but I’m satisfied staying in my own time period.
10. Do you prefer books with one POV or multiple POVs?
Depends on the writing style and genre, actually. But generally, I like singular POVs because multiple POVs that aren’t done right give me terrible headaches.
11. What talent do you have that often goes unappreciated?
My talent of finding other people’s lost things (but never my own, sighs) , granted that it got lost inside a building, that is 😂
Everyone who hasn’t gotten nominated yet!
(I know, I’m breaking the rules but ah, there’s so many of you awesome people that I’ve not tagged/nominated before and it’ll take a long time for me to comb through all your beautiful blogs to find out if you’ve already been nominated for this before or naw 😭)
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. If you could be a book character for a day, who would you be?
2. Is there a book genre that never fails in keeping you in love with it?
3. Favorite poet/playwright?
4. Your very first book is going to be published! What is it titled?
5. Your favorite color and the name of the main character of the last book you’ve read is your superhero/supervillain name. What is it?
6. Choose a book you’ve read this year to burn, reread, and rewrite. (One for each.)
7. Which antagonist do you think would make a pretty interesting protagonist?
8. If you had to memorize a classic book—line for line—to save your life, which one would it be?
9. A book everybody loves but you hate?
10. Best last line you’ve read in a novel?
11. A famous game developer is going to adapt a book of your choice into a game. What book is it?
Yes, I’m re-using all of my previous questions too. I’ve been told they’re difficult so not many answered them last time, but these are still questions I genuinely want to know the answers to so here they are again 😂
As always, thank you so much for reading!
Until next time everyone~