SWHA accepts requests for reviews and promotions from authors (self-published and not self-published) and publishers for English books only.
In accordance to the Rating System, all reviews will be posted on this blog and also on my Goodreads. Depending on the book format, pictures of the book will be posted on my Instagram as well. However, if you’d like me to post my review on another website or social media, please let me know.
Reviews for ARCs and e-galleys will be posted before their publication date whenever possible, unless explicitly mentioned that it is crucial to have the review out prior to the publication date. Reviews for other books can also be posted within a specific time frame as long as it is mentioned. Also, note that if the book is part of a series, I may need the earlier book(s) as well in order to write a proper review. If the book is the first of a series and you’d like me to review the future books too, I’m completely fine with that.
Hard copies (paperbacks or hardcovers) are preferred, but ebooks are also accepted.
For ebooks, I highly prefer the .epub format as I mainly use Google Play Books while reading on my phone and laptop. Even so, I do have Amazon Kindle on my phone, and I have Adobe Digital Editions for .acsm files on my laptop as well.
- Mystery, Thriller, Crime, Suspense
- Young Adult
- Light Novels, Short Stories, Novellas
- I’m fine with incredibly graphic descriptions of gore and violence.
- Books involving slightly or more in-depth than usual psychology, sociology, anthropology, politics and such are alright as well as I’ve studied some of their basics in college (and continue to in university).
- Genres not mentioned above (such as plays, poetry, contemporary, fantasy, and horror) and aren’t included in the list below, are most likely accepted.
- Sci-Fi is not my most knowledgeable genre but if the terms aren’t too deep (as in scientifically strenuous) in your book, I can review it.
I will not be accepting:
- Graphic Novels (although I do review them now and then)
- Religious Texts
- Essays both academic and not
- Lab Reports
- Textbooks, Reference Books
- Self-Help Books
- Cook Books
TO REQUEST A REVIEW
To request a review, please fill out the contact form and I will reply you as soon as possible (usually within a day or two).
Please include the following information in your request too:
- Title & Author
- Book Format (ARC, paperback, hardcover, ebook, kindle, .acsm)
- Any additional information I may need to know
**I do not accept each and every review request.