SWHA accepts requests for reviews and promotions from authors and publishers for English books only.
In accordance to the Rating System (👈 please read this first!), all reviews will be posted on this blog and on my Goodreads. Depending on the book format, pictures of the book will be posted on my Instagram as well. However, if you’d like me to post my review on another website or social media platform, please let me know.
Reviews for ARCs and e-galleys will be posted before their publication date whenever possible, unless explicitly mentioned that it’s crucial to have the review out prior to the publication date. Reviews for other books can also be posted within a specific time frame as long as it is mentioned.
Also, kindly understand that if the book is part of a series and cannot be read as a standalone, I may need the previous book(s) as well in order to write a more holistic review. If the book is the first of a series and you’d like me to review the future books too, I’m completely fine with that.
Hard copies (paperbacks or hardcovers) are preferred, but e-books are also accepted.
For e-books, I highly prefer the .epub format as I mainly use Google Play Books while reading on my phone and laptop. Nevertheless, I do have the Amazon Kindle app, and I have Adobe Digital Editions for .acsm files on my laptop as well.
- Young Adult
- Light Novels, Short Stories, Novellas
- I’m fine with incredibly graphic descriptions of gore and violence.
- Genres not mentioned above (such as plays, contemporary, fantasy, and horror) and aren’t included in the list below, will still be considered.
- I’m really sorry but I strictly read poetry for its literary value, the entertainment value is a bonus for me. So, the probability of me accepting a request to review poetry is low.
- Sci-Fi is not my most knowledgeable genre but if the terms aren’t too deep/ scientifically strenuous in your book, I can review it.
I will not be accepting:
- Graphic Novels*
- New Adult*
- Children’s Fiction*
- Middle Grade Fiction*
- Religious Texts
- Essays, both academic and not
- And, most (if not all) non-fiction books
*Although I do occasionally read and review these genres, I prefer not to.
TO REQUEST A REVIEW
To request a review, please fill out the contact form and I will reply you as soon as possible.
Please include the following information in your request too:
- Title & Author
- Publication Date
- Book Format (ARC, paperback, hardcover, ebook, kindle, .acsm)
- Any additional information I may need to know (review deadline, media kit, etc)
**I do not accept each and every review request.