Hi there 💜
My name’s Aria, and thank you so much for stopping by! I’m a twenty-something year old bibliophile and in overall, an enormous fan girl (anime, manga/comics, KPop, JRock, and more) living in Malaysia. I’ve a BA in English with Creative Writing, which alongside my being an INTJ and upbringing, has greatly shaped the way I currently perceive and analyse texts.
My favorite genres are Asian Literature, Thriller, and Young Adult, but I’m always trying to branch out because as Haruki Murakami wisely wrote,
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
I completely adore gray characters, antiheroes, characters who aren’t afraid to be vicious and cunning—who go mad for the sake of protecting their loved ones, and who are as human as they are monsters. I’m also a sucker for angst, tragedy, BAMFs, and fan fiction.
Snow White Hates Apples was created because there weren’t enough book lovers near me and I wanted somewhere to dump my bookish thoughts. I hadn’t thought that I’d actually connect with other readers, but that (happily, fortunately) happened! I also made a bookstagram when I realized that taking pictures of books is one of my small but certain happiness (#소확행) 😂
All that said, I solemnly swear that I’m friendly—a little socially awkward and ramble-y but friendly—despite how I may sound in my reviews. So, feel free to reach out whenever! I’ll do my best to keep in touch with you 💜
Thanks so much for coming to my side of the internet!
I hope you’ll stay for a while ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)
- The Best Advice in Six Words: Writers Famous and Obscure on Love, Sex, Money, Friendship, Family, Work, and Much More [Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Powell’s]
- Top Love Advice In Six Words
- Celebrating literary winners by the Star
- Poetry from the Heart by The New Strait Times
- School of English | Nottingham Malaysia, video by the University of Nottingham (Malaysia Campus)
- Pillars Magazine, July 20 – August 2, 2019 edition (page 16).
- 3rd Place in the Malaysian Universities Poetry Writing Competition (MUPWC) 2017