Thank you so much to both Tiana @ The Book Raven and Katlyn @ Everything Under The Sun for nominating me for this award! This is the first time I’ve received this award, and the first time I’ve been nominated twice for the same award, so yeah, I’m pretty giddy about this.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
TIANA’S QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS
1. If you had to choose between obtaining the power of strength, the power of invisibility, or the power to mind read, which would you choose and why?
Invisibility! Not for nefarious or pranking purposes, but because I get anxious when I go to public places alone, especially when I’m travelling somewhere via public transport or when that public place is crowded. Like, you know that video where they show girls simply walking around the city and getting sexually harassed no matter how much or how little they cover up and all? Yeah, never enjoyable.
2. What song got stuck in your head most recently? How do you feel about that song?
SEVENTEEN’s BOOM BOOM, and I absolutely LOVE it. They’ve been my #1 Male KPop Group since their pre-debut days ❤
3. Do you believe that we are fated to go down a certain path or that we choose that path we take? Why do you feel that way?
Honestly? I don’t care. Whether we’re fated or whether our life is entirely in our hands, there’s no point in pondering over it because we’ll take forever just to be satisfied with an answer.
4. What side character from the book your currently reading would you be and why?
I’m still currently reading Carve The Mark, so maybe Cisi? I don’t really know ’cause there hasn’t been much of her thus far…
5. Do you have any pets? If you do picture them here:
Unfortunately, no. I’ve incredibly crappy luck with pets and despite living in a gated community, a number of mine have been killed, stolen, and scared to death by other wild animals over the years. So yeah, my mom finally put her foot down when my lastest/last pet (a puppy) went missing…
6. If you could instantly learn any language in the world which would it be and why?
Japanese! I’m a huge fan of Japanese literature, Japanese poetry, anime, manga, games and their music so being able to instantly learn (and master) Japanese would be super awesome.
7. What was the last book you read that inspired you? What is your favorite quote from that book? (Sorry for the extra step, I just love quotes!)
Tokyo Ghoul isn’t the most recent
book manga that I’ve read but it definitely changed parts of my worldview. Seriously, I’ve never been so mindf***ed by a fictional piece of work before.
Also, my favorite quote from this series is:
“Tormented by an unworldly hunger, yet not knowing how to satisfy it.”
Which is practically the story of my life because I always feel this need to be someone who is remembered even after death but I’m not certain how to go about that in a way that I purely love.
8. What place from your childhood do you wish you could see again for the first time?
The field of flowers I ran through, somewhere in Melbourne that I went with my family after I tried chasing some kangaroos 😂
9. What is your favorite time? Why is it your favorite?
Dawn, because of the tranquility it brings with it! It’s even better if it’s raining at the same time.
10. Who is/was your favorite teacher? What did they teach and why are they your favorite? (Give them a little thank you for being awesome)
I’ve a list who are equally my favorites but for this, I’ll say Ms Minor and Mr Loria (because they come as an adorable pair). Ms Minor taught me Writer’s Craft (a.k.a. Creative Writing) while Mr Loria taught me Canadian and World Politics. The both of them are infectiously energetic, super friendly and funny, and really easy to talk to. Whenever they taught, it was clear that they genuinely cared about their students and they made learning the most fun I’ve ever had. If you’re reading this, Ms Minor and Mr Loria, thank you both so much for the greatest academic time of my life. I wish there are more teachers like you in university!
11. If you could ask your favorite character a question what would it be?
“You’re actually completely and utterly in love with Potter, aren’t you?”
KATLYN’S QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS
1. If you could go back in time knowing what you know now, would you change your life or relive it? Why?
Oh snaaap, getting Arrival vibes from this 😂 Anyway, if I could, I’d only change a few tiny aspects—namely, telling my family that I love them more often and spending way less money on things I don’t need.
2. Do you have your future kids names picked out and what are they?
If you mean my characters (cause they are my kids), then sure. Real life? Uhhhh, the last time I thought about them was in high school. I’m not sure if I’d stick with them now, much less the future. But, I thought of Xue Ying (雪瑛 [Snow Crystal]) for a girl and for a boy, my future spouse could decide since I’m terrible at Chinese names. English names, maybe Elsie or Ives for a girl, Finn or Issey for a boy
3. What food do you hate most?
Animal organs and feet. I steer clear of them whenever I can, urk.
4. What is your favorite movie and why?
All-time favorite? HACHI: A DOG’S TALE. It’s a movie based on the famous story of Hachiko, an Akiba dog who faithfully waited for his owner at the Shibuya Station which the owner commuted to and fro at, even nine years after the owner’s death.
5. If you could date any fictional character who would it be and why?
Newt Scamander, for sure. If possible, I’d marry him too. What’s not to like about someone who genuine cares about creatures and people, who’d lie just so his dearest friend wouldn’t face terrible repercussions, and who knows exactly what he wants? His sense of humor and his dedication are wonderful too. Bonus: he doesn’t stay irritated or angry at Porpentina despite the incredibly stupid things she has done, and he even marries her. Gosh darn it, I need a Newt Scamander for myself. I’d trek the jungles and desserts with him even though I dislike doing outdoorsy stuff.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Any Nordic Country. Or anywhere without a 30+°C temperature during the day for 90% of the year.
7. What was the happiest moment in your life so far?
Every moment when I made someone I care about proud of me.
8. What is your dream job?
To be an commissioning/project editor!
9. If you could have three wishes what would they be?
To successfully achieve my dream job.
To provide and care for my family comfortably.
To make reading and writing huge in Malaysia.
10. If you could have any animal in the world as your pet which would you pick?
Does this include fictional animals? If yes, a Thestral or a Hippogriff. If not, a Great Pyreness or a Saluki.
11.Who is the one person, alive or dead, you would want to spend a whole week with?
This man over here ^
I NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING AWESOME BLOGGERS
(WHOSE SITES YOU SHOULD TOTALLY CHECK OUT)…
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. If you could be a book character for a day, who would you be?
2. Is there a book genre that never fails in keeping you in love with it?
3. Favorite poet/playwright?
4. Your very first book is going to be published! What is it titled?
5. Your favorite color and the name of the main character of the last book you’ve read is your superhero/supervillain name. What is it?
6. Choose a book you’ve read this year to burn, reread, and rewrite. (One for each.)
7. Which antagonist do you think would make a pretty interesting protagonist?
8. If you had to memorize a classic book—line for line—to save your life, which one would it be?
9. A book everybody loves but you hate?
10. Best last line you’ve read in a novel?
11. A famous game developer is going to adapt a book of your choice into a game. What book is it?
As usual, I’d love to see your answers to my questions, but it’s not a must! If I’ve not nominated you and you want to share your answers to my questions, comment below because I’d definitely love to them as well!
Thank you so much for reading, and until next time everyone!